We kicked off our "Servolution" series. We're taking 4 weeks to unpack the revolutionary thought that Jesus introduced to the world in Matthew 20:25-28…that the way to greatness is by putting ourselves at the bottom…as a servant of God & others.
What made the day "great"? I REALLY sensed God's presence with us.
What did we talk about? How God "sparks" the "Revolution of Service" in us (from Luke 7:36-50).
Here are a few "bonus" thots…
- Rockin' Out — I thought our band did a GREAT job with the Beatles song "Revolution." Ben went guitar-free and wailed (that's a good thing). I don't think some people knew what to do about it. Seemed like they were thinking, "Is it OK to do/enjoy this in church?" 🙂
- 3 Jewish Sects — Here were the Jewish denominations Jesus encountered:
- Pharisees — Your law-oriented, moralistic (legalistic), religious types. They believed the Bible PLUS their own religious laws.
- Sadducees — Your Deists of the day, believing in God but rejecting the spirit realm, the resurrection, & the Pharisees extra-laws.
- Essenes — Your strange, communal-living, end-times-oriented, survivalist types. They're not mentioned directly in the Bible. Too busy disengaging.
- The Triclinium — For more info on the ancient dining room arrangement that Jesus experienced, check out this link & this link.
- Our G3 Prayers
— For the next 2 months…
- Every person SERVE in ministry
- Every person INVITE someone on the journey with them
- Every person be TRANSFORMED
- Volunteer Today!
— If you didn't have the chance to register yesterday to try out a weekend ministry, check out this link (& get involved!)
- The 4-Week Challenge — I challenged everyone to experiment with continually choosing to serve others for the next 4 weeks (& check their heart's gain or loss). I'll post the full clip tomorrow.
- The Correct Spelling — Someone sent me a note today saying here's how you transcribe it: "Aaaarrgggghhhhh." (Those who heard the message will get it.) 🙂
Next weekend, we move from "The Spark of a Servolution" (i.e. how it starts) to "The Fire" (i.e. how it spreads).