What a great weekend. Here's a quick update on what happened:
- I kicked off, not one, but TWO new series this weekend. And kicking off a series always takes a little more effort & energy. (Whew!)
- GREAT response from the 4-week "Men of God & the Word of God" Study. We had over 60 guys show up. (I'm praying for your devotional times this week, guys!)
- I really enjoyed walking through Ruth 1:1-18 today. I'll shoot you the Oprah/Orpah naming link in tomorrow blog update.
- Prospective Members Class went great today. It ALWAYS does! It's one of my FAVORITE times each month. Telling our church's story. Casting the vision God has for us. And highly-engaged people asking the tough questions that they've never had the chance to ask. What could be better???
- In my son's football game today, he made the hit of the game. On kickoff coverage, he ran downfield, avoided blocks, and pulverized the return man. It was AWESOME!
- Marathon prep continued. On Friday, I ran 10 miles at goal pace (7:38/mile). I felt good after that run! On Saturday, I ran 20 miles at a much slower pace (around 8:45/mile). I felt sick after finishing. Regardless, I got a TON done on my Sunday message during that run.
- I pretty much ran in the rain the entire time this weekend. I like the cool. But my shoes need to be fumigated now. They're a bio-hazard. 🙂
- My wife & I had the chance to run together, too. She ran the longest distance she ever has in her entire life: 4 miles. She's on this "Couch-to-10k" plan these days.
- I caught a little of Michael Phelps on SNL this weekend. He's a "freak-of-nature" physically (i.e. a good thing), and a very nice guy…but he's not naturally funny.