Lots of visitors Sunday…family and friends of the 4’s & 5’s who were putting on their Summer Breakout Jr. program. They were UNBELIEVABLY cute…almost PAINFULLY cute! 🙂 I’ll bet the way our heart is moved when we see children like this is just a fraction of how our God looks at us, His kids. Awesome thought!
Here are a number of other thoughts that hit me last week on the subject of "Knowing God."
- How presumptuous are we (am I?) to think we can know God? Our finite minds cannot fully comprehend the infinite mind and thoughts of God. The Bible states this point-blank in Isaiah 55:8-9.
- At the same time, God makes it possible for us to know Him today. An awesome privilege and thought. In fact, there is no greater calling in life (and nothing we should be more glad for) than to really know God. That’s Jeremiah 9:23-24.
- There have always been "game-players" who pop-off about how they know God, but don’t. A cursory look at their life without the fruit of God (i.e. a continually transformed inner character, a string of changed lives behind them), dispels this myth. Our "Mythbusters" verse is Titus 1:15-16.
- Someday, if you are a Christ-follower, you will know God with all the detail that He knows you today. That’s 1 Corinthians 13:11-12. An awesome thought!
- This will come someday when Jesus totally transforms our bodies and minds to our perfect, eternal state, in the image of Jesus Christ. That’s Philippians 3:20-21, 1 John 3:2, and Romans 8:29-30. (And, yes, I believe fully in the literal return and reign of Christ someday.)
P.S. If you want to read ahead for next week (week #4 of 10), we are talking about "Knowing Deceivers" from 1 John 3:18-29. We ALL know what this is like…each of us have been deceived. We’ll talk more about this Sunday.