A HUGE topic.
We decided to debunk a widespread misunderstanding & mischaracterization we often hear about God:
- "In the OLD Testament God is concerned with justice & judgment, while in the NEW Testament God is concerned with love & mercy."
Everybody thinks it. It's just not right. God is the SAME in both Testaments. He's been the same throughout history & will be the same forever.
- "For I am the LORD, I do not change." (Malachi 3:6)
- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, & forever." (Hebrews 13:8)
Some thoughts from Sunday…
- Youssef — What a great chance to hear from Youssef. His story was POWERFUL, wasn't it? We're going to publish it on Wednesday in our podcast. (P.S. I got to meet his Dad after 2nd Service!)
- Salvations — We had 6 people declare publicly that they received Christ yesterday. AWESOME!!! (That NEVER grows old!!!)
- Stand — I didn't think about having people stand up to show they prayed with me until Youssef talked about Matthew 10:32-33 in his story. (i.e. God "called an audible" yesterday.) 🙂
- Surprise — The 2 ladies (friends) who stood together in 1st Service had NO IDEA that the other was going to stand up. They both just did it immediately, at the same time!
- Delay — It took a few extra moments those in 2nd Service to stand. But after 1 brave person did, the other 3 did!
- Comments –I had friends send me these comments yesterday:
- "That is AWESOME!!!"
- "I just can't help it…being in the same room when someone makes the most life-altering decision is unbelievable. What an honor just to witness their proclamation!"
- "I know there were more salvations in that room and that the Spirit will continue moving in others that will eventually make that decision because of today's message…absolutely amazing."
- Song — How did you like Brian King's mid-service, a-capella-version of "Holy Holy Holy?"
- Staging — I changed things up yesterday, using a chair & table instead of the hip-looking pulpit we have. Did anyone out there notice or care? Post a comment.
- Pumpkin Shirt — It's that time of year. I had to break out the pumpkin-colored shirt today. 🙂
- Cutting Room Floor — Here's stuff I had to cut:
- My friend Hector — He sent me these notes after yesterday.
- A Verse — Matt 7:21-23. Wow. People who were thoroughly convinced they were part of God's family…but never were.
- A Video — Keith Green singing about the sheep & goats from the late 70's (gotta love the hair too). 🙂
You do NOT want to miss my message called "G3" next Sunday!