Yesterday, we studied Luke 14:15-24 together & dove into the topic of "Evites" — the "Eternal Invitations" that God wants EVERY ONE of us to give out. God has been planning a party-to-end-all-parties called "The Marriage Supper of the Lamb" (Revelation 19:7-9) from before time began.
Here are a few "bonus" thots…
- Diabetes Watch — The kids sang Christmas songs in each service this week all dressed up in green & red. Too cute! (Too…sweet… oh…no… developing…relational…diabetes.) 🙂
- Blowin' It Up — Our band was BLOWING IT UP again this week on Christmas Eve Sarajevo. WOW!!! (They are incredible.)
- Evite Websites — I didn't realize how many Evite sites were out there: Evite, Anyvite, Enclude, MyPunchBowl, etc.
- Homebound Worshippers — Our team set up a webcam in our AVL booth & broadcast our services live through Mogulus.com yesterday. A couple members that are homebound with cancer (& Doug, our pastor of Fellowship & Discipleship, who was at home, sick as a dog) watched & worshipped with us. Anyway, I got these notes after service:
- "Hey Tim. Everything worked out good today. We were able to watch you on the internet and as much as Sheryl hates being the center of attention, I know she felt very special when everyone applauded and we applauded with them at the same time when you gave a 'shout out'. Thanks again. I’ll let you know how this week goes. Ron."
- "Hi Tim! Thanks for making it possible to view the service live online! By the way Bill named [our new] kitten Clarence — after the angel in It's a Wonderful Life."
- "Just to make sure. If a friend of mine wants to watch on-line next
Sunday is this the website for it? Will all services be on or just one?
And, is the music included, or does it start w/the sermon?" [Ben told me his team is going to try. And it includes the WHOLE service!]
- Going for 2000 — Yup, you heard me right. We are praying hard this week that everyone goes "7-for-1". That is, everyone personally invites 7 people so that (on average) 1 will say "Yes" & visit Grace with you next Sunday for Christmas! I'm praying God uses our
church of 1000 to invite 7000 this week, so we can see 2000 hear the gospel that day!!! 🙂
- Multiple Touches — I talked about how people usually have several touches/encounters with the gospel before they make a decision (which is why a "No" isn't a failure). Along those lines, dive into John 4:34-38 to see what Jesus said on the topic!
Pray like mad this week! I can't wait to see God do AMAZING things on Sunday.