We looked at 4 very ordinary guys, just sitting around the capital of Samaria, and how God used them to change their lives and the lives of everyone in their city (2 Kings 6:24-7:19). You can listen here or "Ipod" it here.
Here’s some thoughts from Sunday’s topic (stuff I didn’t have the time to cover, but you can check out):
- How you can find cool pictures of Samaria (here)
- How Samaria (or "watch tower") pictures the church (Matthew 5:14)
- How famine pictures a spiritual hunger for God’s word (Amos 8:11)
- How a serious famine can make people desperate & irrational (2 Kings 6:26-30)
- How our belief in God affects what God does in our life (2 Kings 7:1-2,17-19; Hebrews 4:1-3)
- How the details of leprosy really work