We are taking 5 weeks, to look at 5 different people, who had 5 different encounters with God, which helped them see life from a totally new "perspective"…God’s perspective.
Yesterday, we looked at a leader who had his world rocked by God when he started to look at life through the "lens" of the Bible: King Josiah (2 Chronicles 33:21-34:33). You can listen here or "Ipod" it here.
Here are some extras on yesterday’s topic:
- I referenced the fact that Josiah had his "conversion experience" (2 Chronicles 34:3) when he was 16 after having his second son. Here is how I found that:
- One thing we didn’t get to discuss was Josiah’s revival (2 Kings 23:16-18). It was predicted years earlier (2 Kings 13). A great story to dig into there.
- I also mentioned there were some (many?) web sites that will email you a daily reading section. Here are a couple examples (though I have to admit I haven’t tried any of them myself):
Here are some extras on the rest of the service.
- I really enjoyed kicking off the service from the back row yesterday. Totally different perspective. I think we surprised some people. (P.S. Why is it that people will pay top dollar to be in the front row at concerts & sporting events, but the back row is "where it’s at" in church?) 🙂
- Our first service was packed out & I loved it because we’ve we’ve been asking people to love people enough to free up space in the second worship for new people. But I wondered…were they there simply because they loved the Chiefs? Regardless, since 2007-8 Chiefs look like they
stink… blow chunks…are "uniquely disadvantaged" this year, it shouldn’t be a factor.
- We purposely try to use different types of teaching styles each weekend series. Sometimes we go through a topic. Sometimes we go through a book. Sometimes we go through a series of stories, like now. I LOVE going through the stories!
An old friend from high school showed up that I hadn’t seen in 20 years: John McCarter. He found me through Facebook. (Yup, I’ve got a Facebook account.)