Yesterday we kicked off our March series called
"Madne$$." We're taking a topic EVERYONE is dealing with right now…the "full-court" economic pressure our society is under.
Yesterday's topic? "Survive & Advance" — How can we deal with the FEAR that every headline, news story, market update & office rumor seems to send our way???
Here are a few thoughts from week 1.
- The Story — I LOVE the story of Mark 4:35-41. I love how much I can RELATE to those guys. I love how WEIRD Jesus seems to act…at the same time showing us what should be considered NORMAL. I love how those guys were TOTALLY changed by Jesus. It's an awesome story.
- The Rest of the Story — If you want to see how the other writers capture this story, check out Matthew 8:23-27 & Luke 8:22-25.
- Fear Suc…errrr…Stinks — Guys? There's a SERIOUS reason that "Do not fear" is the most-mentioned command in all the Bible. We all struggle with it.
- Feedback — One of our members grabbed me & said their "God-moment" was when we talked about Jesus promising to get the PEOPLE to safety, but NOT the boat!!!
- $20 Billion Oops — Speaking of the economy, did you see the "Whoops! 'My Bad' for taking $20 Billion from the Government" statement by Bank of America?
- The Bricklayer — I shot some baskets at the start of each service. Horrible. I have now named myself "The Bricklayer." Went great in practice, but need that in the game! 🙂
Next week's topic? A PERFECT topic for March Madness… "Cinderella Story" — How can we flourish in our careers in the middle of this market chaos?