Lets talk about last week first. That was the week we talked about "Listening to God."
Here are some thots…
- The Big Idea — My main thot was that God speaks to us in a VARIETY of ways (think Hebrews 1:1-2). We just aren't often listening. God sheep always hear his voice (see John 10:3).
- Intentional Listening — Listening to God needs to come BEFORE talking to God (James 1:19). But MAN do I want to grow in this area…seems it's a lot more natural to talk than to listen!!! We need to WATCH for it (think Ephesians 6:18).
- Marco Polo — Remember that pool game? ("Marco!!! Polo!!!") That's just what following God is all about…following the voice of a being you cannot see. I didn't even have this example until I was in the middle of the message…but God "faxed it in!"
- Speaking thru Others??? — Sometimes people have a tough time with this. They want to hear God directly & DISCOUNT how God sometimes speaks to us through other people. A great example of this is the King & Prophet David…when he hears from God through his friend Nathan in 2 Samuel 7.
- Spoken to You??? — So…got any stories of how God spoke to you recently??? 🙂