Finished week #5 of 8 yesterday of "Indiana Jones & the Tabernacle of You." We’re doing the Indiana Jones thing, trying to "unearth" how each artifact teaches us about our daily relationship with Christ.
A few thoughts on week 5:
- The Five Sacrifices — I mentioned that ALL 5 sacrifices Israel offered were pictures of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Dig into Leviticus 1-7 for some GREAT pictures:
- Burnt — Worship with the flock
- Grain — Worship with the harvest
- Peace — Worship celebrating peace
- Sin — Forgiveness for all sins
- Trespass — Forgiveness for specific sins
- Coolest Thing I Had to Cut — Here was the coolest thing I couldn’t cover:
- Almost..But Not Quite — I REALLY wanted to have a grill going on stage & cook up some meats during the service, but I just had this low-grade fear of our ear-splitting fire alarms going off. 🙂
- The Big Cut — Over the years, I have been able to develop some real consistency in both 1st & 2nd services. But I went longer than I wanted in the 1st service this week. So during the singing in the 2nd service, I sat backstage with a blue pen and reflected on the 1st service. I was able to say the same things & shave several minutes off the service.