Yesterday was week #5 of our "Seasons" parenting series ("Guiding Kids through the Seasons of Life.") The message is online here.
Here are a few thoughts:
- The Danger — The Bible says parents need to give their kids stability because they WILL be blown around by the "high winds" of doctrine/teachings (Ephesians 4:14).
- The Solution — I referenced the need to help children develop strong "roots" to defend against the winds. The verse I referenced was Ephesians 3:17. A bonus verse on being "rooted" is Colossians 2:6-7.
- The British — One of our British members told me that references to "wind" across the pond imply someone "breaking wind." Needless to say, they had a hard time focusing. I kept saying their kids would be blown away by high speed winds, and all over my wall were notes I made about various types of "winds." 🙂
- The Science — I said that, given enough time, science will eventually catch up to the Bible. Beyond our reference to Job 38:24, check out Job 36:29 for a reference to the ambient "white noise" found in outer space & Job 38:19 for a reference to the fact that light is a wave which dwells on a path.
- Amos 4 — Anyone else notice that it was the 2nd week in a row we cross-referenced to Amos 4. That’s gotta be a 1st for me.