Yesterday, we finished our series, "Don't Forget the Lyrics." The topic? How God intends the Bible to affect everything about our daily lives, world-view, personal relationships, & relationship with God.
We took a look at the final stanza in Psalm 119…v.169-176.
Some final thoughts:
- Psalm 119 is absolutely one of my FAVORITE Psalms. It was very instrumental in fostering a love for the Word of God.
- We went 6 for 6 on the volunteers guessing our "mystery song" lyrics. Kudos to the ladies to "represented" yesterday on stage!
- You can enjoy yesterday's song here. (Is it me, or does Ringo look bored?)
- I think it's interesting that God ONLY preserved the lyrics (not the music, except for occasional directions) in His "song book" (the Psalms). I guess I'm thankful too. Otherwise there would be a whole contingent of "the-Psalms-are-the-only-godly-sound people" running around! 🙂
- This week's cutting-room floor:
- Rom 16:25 – God "establishes" your life with the Word of God
- Php 4:6-7 – God says to "be totally candid" when we talk to Him
- Jas 4:2 – God says to "ask specifically" for things when we pray
- Ezra 8:31 – Ezra saw "the hand of God" during Israel's journey
- 1Pet 5:6 – We are told humble ourselves under "God's hand"
- Yes, I could probably make 5 more messages each week from the verses that hit the "cutting-room floor." 🙂
- If you want to dig deeper into Psalm 119, I'd recommend Psalm 119: A Journey into the Heart of
God by Jeff Adams or The Golden Alphabet (available online here) by Charles Spurgeon.
- A little girl named Aubrey presented this picture to me after worship.
Next week, we "bust" some common myths about Jesus together!