We walked through Genesis 50 and talked about "Dealing with Wounds." Here is one of the most gracious, mature, & wise conversations you'll ever get to hear. Joseph is speaking with his brothers about why he's ALREADY forgiven them for betraying him & wounding him so deeply.
Here are some final thots on yesterday:
- God Moments — I heard from several people after the message…
- One man told me that, just this week, he started thinking about a classmate who wounded him 30+ years ago. It had been years since he thought of him. But he decided that if he did see him, he'd give him a piece of his mind…even "throw down" with him. He'd get revenge. Then he showed up at church. 🙂
- Another man told me he forgave his deceased mother during service. His mom had horribly abused him decades ago…even wanted to kill him.
- A couple ladies said something to the effect of, "That message was for ME!!!"
- $10 Billion Debt vs. $5 Debt — I threw out the story that Jesus told about the guy who was forgiven of a HUGE debt (e.g. $10 Billion) who holds his friend's feet to the fire over a MINOR debt (e.g. $5). I didn't give the reference to the story though. It's Matthew 18:21-35.
- XYZ — I'm glad no one noticed during first service. That's the benefit of long shirts. Speaking of that, I can't believe someone took the time to capture euphemisms on the topic from around the world.
Next weekend, we kick off OnePrayer. (I'm pumped for it!)