Actually our attendance was kind of what I suspected it would be with the cold & ice. I’ll tell you, I was VERY thankful for the crunchy layer of sleet that fell on top of the ice overnight. It made the trip a lot safer.
Anyway, yesterday’s topic was on "Dealing with Family" from Joseph’s story in Matthew 1:18-25.
Here are some bonus thoughts:
- I had a BLAST doing the research on the process of Jewish engagement & marriage in Jesus’ day. It really brought the story to life for me.
- I also got a new view of the pain that Joseph must have been going through. It wasn’t a question of IF he was going to divorce his fiancée Mary, but HOW MESSY would he make it.
- Kudos to the Drama team who illustrated family strife at Christmas really well.
- This is one message I’d encourage you to put on your Ipod. Every one of deal with family issues.
- Biggest "God Moment" for me this week? We NEED our families because it’s the greatest way God uses to help us grow more like Christ.
- Old Testament verses I referenced yesterday?
- The verses I decided not to mention for sake of time?