- A Series — Honestly…I had enough info to fill a whole series. That's one of the toughest things I do each week…trying to figure out what not to say.
- Like Air — Maintaining an "open-line-of-communication" with God is like maintaining an "open-line-of-air" underwater. It only takes a few seconds for us to start dying for it when it's cut off.
- Awesome Book — The book I recommended everyone get is The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence (a man who passed away in the late 1600's). One of the quotes I didn't have time to use was this one:
- "I sympathize with your difficult situation. I think that freeing yourself of your present responsibilities for a while and devoting yourself entirely to prayer would be the best thing you could do for yourself. God does not ask much of us. But remembering Him, praising Him, asking for His grace, offering Him your troubles, or thanking Him for what He has given you will console you all the time. During your meals, or during any daily duty, lift up your heart to Him, because even the least little remembrance will please Him. You don't have to pray out loud; He's nearer than you can imagine."
- Cut & Merge — Two of the points that I cut & merged into my other four points were these:
- "Communicating with God is a GREATER HONOR that we can possibly imagine." (This was where I was going to explore Hebrews 4:14-16 about how amazing it is that we have direct access to a perfect, holy God!)
- "Communicating with God has a GREATER IMPACT that we can possibly imagine." (This was where I was going to dive into James 5:16-18 to talk about how one person's prayer can –literally– change the world!)
- Last Minute Video — Our Weekend Service Team is awesome. We came up with the idea of showing the prayer video clip from Meet the Parents less than an hour before service. They pulled it off! Amazing!!!
Next weekend, we talk about what happens when we "Stumble" on our walk…