We studied the story of Simeon & Anna in Luke 2:21-38 and talked about "Dealing with Being Alone."
Here are some bonus thoughts from that session:
- Hardly anyone had heard a message before on Simeon & Anna (neither had I). Those two have really gotten the "Holiday Shaft" over the last 2000 years of Christmas messages. No more. 🙂
- I LOVED the image of God using 2 older single people who hadn’t retired from serving God.
- Extra verses I referenced that day?
- The circumcision & newborn-sacrifice laws (Leviticus 12)
- The "I realize I’m all alone" psalm (Psalm 142)
- The "benefit of being single" passage (1 Corinthians 7:32-33)
- The "Wow…God’s really knows me" psalm (Psalm 139:1-8)
- Our Grace Café team rolled out their new cappuccino machine that day. Mmmm….
- Actually, I did 5 services that day:
- 5:30a – Review #1 (by myself)
- 6:30a – Review #2 (with Brian Gann)
- 8:30a – Service #1
- 10:00a – Service #2
- 11:30a – Service #3
- 1:00p – I officially became a pool of mental mush 🙂