Two days ago, we kicked off a 5-week series called "Choices" through the book of Ruth. We are studying the 5 MAJOR choices that God desires every single one of us to make.
This week, we dealt with the choice upon which every other choice is based: "Choosing Your Family" from Ruth 1:1-18.
Let's see…here are several thoughts from Sunday:
- People Receiving Christ — We had 9 PEOPLE mark that they received Jesus Christ as their Savior on Sunday!!! (That NEVER grows old!!!)
- Small Groups — Our small groups are following along in the same passage of Scripture each week, studying further & discussing the texts. My Tuesday morning Men's group talked through it today. EXCELLENT discussion! Are your groups going well?
- 2 Spiritual Families — I LOVE how Ruth & Orpah are pictures of how people can choose to be in 1 of 2 spiritual families. You can find the spiritual family Orpah pictures in John 8:44 (because she went back to "her gods") & you can find spiritual family Ruth pictures in John 1:12-13 (because she chose "the LORD").
- Oprah Video — I shared with everyone that Oprah got her name from "Orpah" in the book of Ruth. Here's the website where I learned it. (You can even watch the video of her talking about it.)
- The Times of the Judges — I said the the book of Judges was a time when people were doing some pretty messed up things because they weren't following God as their king (Judges 21:25). If you want an example, check out Judges 19.
Join us for "Chooosing Your Attitude" next week from Ruth 1:19-2:18.