Yesterday we looked into what Jesus chose to say to His 12 apostles (his "Band of
Brothers"…his men’s group) at His finally good opportunity to speak with them before He died. (Good question — What DO you say the last time you see someone on earth?) Our story came from John 13:21-14:31. We pointed out that Jesus was making time for 1 of our 5 purposes at Grace: "Discipleship" (i.e. teaching & helping someone else walk with God when you aren’t around).
Here some thoughts from yesterday:
- Baby dedications yesterday (see Matt 19:13-15. I LOVE babies. Too cute!
- When people used to ask me how many kids our family would have, I would always answer, "12…1 for each Apostle." 🙂
- This message this week wore me out. I wrestled & studied…and thought & rewrote…and retried & revamped all week long. Counted it up. Spent 24 hours preparing this week’s edition of "24."
- Here’s more info on the Triclinium. That’s how I’m going to eat ALL my meals now.
- The 3 clarifying references I gave on teaching/discipleship were:
- Here’s some bonus material I had to cut:
- People keep sending me ideas similar to our "24" series. Thanks guys!