Yesterday we looked into why Jesus would spend his last hours washing a bunch of guys feet! We studied John 13:1-19. We pointed out that Jesus was making time for another of our 5 purposes at Grace: "Ministry" (i.e. choosing to use your time & gifts & abilities to serve other people in Jesus’ name).
Hare some thoughts from yesterday:
- Saw God work GREATLY yesterday. Really saw & sensed His presence. Praise God!!!
- 8 baptisms (including my son…I choked up)
- 4-5 received Christ in 1st worship
- 12-15 received Christ in 2nd worship
I had Ben read from James Freeman’s book Manners & Customs of the Bible. Great resource.
- A couple weeks ago, my wife noted our series reminded her of The Bucket List. Anyone seen it?
- I think people enjoyed me washing Ben’s feet a bit too much (Eeeeewww!) 🙂
- Here are the verses I referenced on the spiritual picture of footwashing:
- Christ rose off the throne (Isa 6:1) to be born of a virgin
- Christ laid aside his garments of light & majesty (Psa 104:1-2)
- Christ took on human flesh as his "towel" (John 1:14)
- Christ took our dirt on him, so we could be clean (2Cor 5:21)
- Christ put his garments of light & majesty back on (Psa 104:1-2)
- Christ ascended to heaven again to the throne (Eph 1:20)
One of our members shot me a note on this book that parallels our series topic — One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life.
DON’T MISS volunteering for 1 or more of our three Easter Services & helping us transform lives together! Just submit the "green form" located in your worship guide & at the info center.
P.S. I said I’d cover the three feasts in today’s post. I’m actually going to post on it tomorrow, so stay tuned.