Here’s your weekend "web bonus" for the week. It regards those
strange comments about "another spirit" that is opposing God’s spirit
in the world. If you want to dive deeper, check out these attributes
of God’s Spirit, the third "person" of the Trinity:
- What an amazing topic to look at together, huh? According to Ephesians 4:13-19, "Knowing God’s Love" is both (a) impossible to fully comprehend and (b) our duty to attempt to grow in our understanding.
- I love the unique experiences in our two services. Case in point…
- People in the first service heard me break-down when the thought hit me that I hope my own children never underestimate my love for them & view of them, like I can do with God as my heavenly Father. The thought busted me up.
- People in the second service heard me imitate the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde differences that I have encountered when I have counseled couples before (i.e. outside of counseling, they appeared to be sweet-spirited & connected; inside of counseling, they "unleashed the beast"). We were cracking up.
Were those 2 songs mid-service IN-CREDIBLE???
- Addie sang "How Deep the Father’s Love for Us" accompanied by Ben and Lynnora. That’s a song by Stuart Townend. Made me want to weep. (Did make me weep in first service.)
- My favorite version of that song is by Sarah Sadler. I was listening to it this week by clicking here. Wow.
- Lynnora played an instrument-only version of "O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus" on violin. Wow again.
- Isnt’ there just "something" about the music a violin makes? When it’s good, it’s beautiful…stunning…thrilling. When it’s bad, it’s like finger nails on a chalk board. 🙂
- I mentioned several ways that God loves you & I so, so much, but I didn’t give you every single verse to back it up. So here they are for further investigation, so you can go deeper into your relationship with God:
- God showed YOU love when he took the most important person in the universe to Him, and gave Him up for you (Ephesians 2:4-5)
- God showed YOU love when Jesus took your sin on His shoulders (Isaiah 53:6), to transform us, wretches (Romans 7:24), into His special treasure (1 Peter 2:9-10).
- God showed YOU love when He experienced the great pain of loss, seeing His Son suffer, be humiliated, & die. Ironically, His sacrificed pleased God because of how He redeemed you & I (Isaiah 53:10)
- God showed YOU love when, despite having His Son cry out to Him (Matthew 27:46), He turned His face away (Matthew 27:45)
- God showed YOU love in that, through the wounds which disfigured His Son (Isaiah 52:14), he brought many children to glory (Hebrews 2:10)
I want to continue to thank those of you who have started attending early worship
at 9:00 a.m.! Keep up the momentum & love people enough to free up space for others by attending the early worship at 9:00 a.m.
P.S. If you want to read ahead for week #9 of 10, we are talking about "Knowing For Sure" from 1 John 4:7-5:3.