Here are a number of thoughts on the day:
- In explaining the various theories on 1 John 3:9 (what a tough verse, huh?), I referenced a man that I’ve respected and studied for years named Ray Stedman. A real innovator, faithful man, and Bible teacher. I had the chance to hear him speak in California before he passed away. Click here to read the actual Ray Stedman message from which I pulled the list.
- I want to give a shout out to the team of guys who designed and built our stage stairs. We used them for a wedding on Saturday and they look great! It made the room much more unified, connecting the stage and congregation. Very cool feel.
- Speaking of the wedding the day before, that young couple, Zach & Teri Lambert, were baptized the morning after their wedding night during our second service. Ever heard of anything like that? First time for me. Family and friends from their wedding attended the service too. Awesome testimony from Zach!
- Speaking of the second service, I’m starting my push to encourage people to start attending the early worship at 9:00 a.m. Let me rephrase. "SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS YOUR SEAT!" 🙂 So, help someone else find faith. Let’s love our community enough to start worshiping at 9:00 a.m. early and free up space for others who want to explore faith in Christ.
- Speaking of people finding faith in Christ, 6 people noted on their Connect Card that they received Jesus as Savior yesterday. One of the people who accepted Christ yesterday met me after the service. It never gets old talking to someone who has just placed their faith in Christ. There’s a joy, and a freedom, and a freshness that infects everyone around them!
P.S. If you want to read ahead for week #6 of 10, we are talking about "Knowing Love" from 1 John 3:11-24. Few topics are more misunderstood. Few topics are more needed. Be there…at the 9:00 a.m. worship of course. 🙂