Just finished the tenth & final session from Bill Hybels.
Excellent, as always.
The title? "Whatever You Do, Inspire Me."
Main thought? "Inspiration matters. Statistics say inspired employees outperform uninspired employees by 40%. We owe it to the people we lead to provide them with a leader that is inspired. And it is OUR JOB to ensure we stay motivated, like King David did in 1 Samuel 30:6."
How do you inspire yourself, as a leader?
- Stay crystal clear about your calling from God
- Leverage your spiritual gift for the Kingdom
- Make sure your teammates are inspiring people
- Read inspiring books & biographies
- Get around other inspiring people
- Participate in events inspiring to you
- Pay attention to your health disciplines
- Design a work space that is inspiring
- Engage in inspiring recreation outside of work
- Practice daily spiritual disciplines
How do you inspire others, the people on your teams?
- Give your team the gift of being an inspired leader
- Connect the people you lead to a compelling cause
- Learn the inspiration (love) language of your whole team & speak it
- Identify & eliminate every de-motivating dynamic in your organization
- Celebrate any sign of progress toward your church goals