One of our interns, Danny Freyre, shared a powerful video for reaching the lost and unreached people groups. Some of the quotes are provided below.
- There are 100,000 missionaries in the world today.
- Approximately 3% work among the unreached.
- “You are the light of the world” Jesus, Speaking to His
- ‘The harvest field is white, and many souls are sinking into
eternal night. The harvest bells are ringing’
- Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those
staggering toward slaughter – Proverbs 24:11
- There are 16,000 people groups in the world
- Over 6,000 are considered unreached
- That’s one third of the world’s population – 2 Billion
- Two out of every three people in the world live in Asia
- 70% of Asians have never heard of Jesus Christ
- Persecution and martyrdom is on the increase
- In N. Korea, Laos and Iraq, believers face prison, torture
and death for their faith
- Half the world’s population live on less than $2 a day
- 30,000 people starve to death every day
- There are around 13 million orphans worldwide
- In the past hour…
- 1,625 children were forced to live on the streets
- 1,667 children died from malnutrition or diseases
- 115 children became prostitutes
- 257 children were orphaned because of HIV/AIDS
- Work is being done all across the world to reach the unreached
- But the workers are few. You can do something. You can change the world.
- ‘The Gospel is only good news if it gets there in time’ Carl
- ‘Go, send or disobey’ John Piper
- Pray, Give, Send, Go!
- ‘Having seen all this you can choose to look the other way,
but you can never say again ‘I did not know” William Wilberforce