1. From a Person Who Accepted Christ — "I grew up going to church but did not understand this concept. I felt a lot of stress about not feeling good enough and worried I would not pray for forgiveness in the right way and wouldn’t be 'covered'. After attending Grace for several months and starting to read the Bible and talk to my husband, I prayed to accept Christ as my savior and felt very relieved after this experience."
2. From Samantha about Children's Ministry — "Just wanted to let you know how much [my son] enjoyed the water theme last Wednesday. It sure sealed the deal for him on the Wed. night program! We left that night and he said 'Mom, I love Grace church. Can we come here EVERY Wed. night?' He is really learning a lot in his class too! Thanks for offering this to our kids!"
3. From Julie Larocco at KC Rescue Mission — "Hi Tim, this is Julie Larocco with Kansas City Rescue Mission. I just wanted to call and just tell you thank you so much for beautiful gift that you and your church sent just recently. We can’t tell you how much it means to us that you guys have gotten so involved as volunteers, as prayer warriors…as financial donors here….I know you’ve got a group that comes down to volunteer…Thanks again. Bless you all."
4. From Paul Masao at KC Rescue Mission — "FYI—from our outreach Sunday in July, Kevin [a volunteer from Grace Church]… contacted me last night and offered to provide margarine to KCRM—a month’s supply at a time. That represent’s a 300# blessing for us and allows us to divert funds towards areas of greatest need. Praise the Lord! Thanks and Blessings…"
5. From Steve Baker, our Missionary to Spain — "THIS IS IT! We leave for Spain this Friday, the 24th….we are leaving everything behind except for our clothes. That's right we are leaving with two suitcases each and nothing more. We are leaving our children, furniture, books, tools, children, fishing gear, golf clubs, children, car, dog, church, family, grandson, friends, and did I mention the children? We are struggling with leaving our kids behind. We will miss them so much. [Our missions board] told us that when we get to Spain, we do not measure activity, we measure results. We like that because we can get so busy that we forget the most important thing of all… Our Lord and King and our relationship with Him. It’s by His Spirit!! Please pray that God would lead us to the right place that we could call home for the next five years in Spain. Pray for our children as we say goodbye and that God would be their all in all. Pray for the provision of the last 20% of our required monthly support."
6. From the Church Planters We Support among the K's — "Good News! There is a town, located about 70 minutes from a major metro area in the Middle East, where there are many refugees. Our church planters have been ministering in the town for 3 years or so. As a result, an evangelical, indigenous church seems to be growing there, with perhaps 15 believers or so. At least 4 families are involved, as well as young men. May Jesus Christ be praised."