I basically took 5.5 weeks off running (except for 1 day). Ohhhhh…sweeeeet, blessed couch-time. 🙂
It was snowing during my 70-min run yesterday. (My friend Merideth said she saw me running near Applebee's.) I like running when it's snowing (as long as it's not super windy too). It's like the world is quieter & more peaceful. The snow dampens the noise and it's beautiful.
I was thinking about how running has taught me about life…
- We're ALL running on some "path" in life…and God wants us to check our GPS (Proverbs 4:26)
- We ALL started out running on OUR OWN path…not God's…and some people are STILL on that path (Ephesians 2:1-2)
- Whenever you run, people driving by can SEE you…"witness" the path you're on…and some of them "honk" at you! :-) (Hebrews 12:1)
- Running consistently helps you shed weight…the baggage that's slowing you down (Hebrews 12:1)
- It's a lot EASIER to run on straight path, than a crooked path (Hebrews 12:12-13)
- Everybody's race has an invisible finish line…the day that God's "timer" goes off for us (2 Timothy 4:7)
Anyway, L8R I'll be off on a 4-mile run in the snow (i.e. a "Monday Week 2 Marathon Recovery" run).