You do not want to be in that traffic jam right now. 🙂 There is a solid line of cars as far as the eye can see. I think the traffic backs up before the start of the 3 schools just to our south (elementary, middle, & high).
Anyway here are a few quick hits from my time with God this morning in Psalms 77-89:
- I kept seeing God’s view of his people as a shepherd-flock relationship. Reminded me that the church isn’t an "organization" but an "organism" (something that’s alive, with living relationships).
- How have I just blown by these heart-wrenching verses before without picturing what they were going thru…what I would be going thru if my son & daughter & wife & friends & church were massacred? (79:1-2)
- Sometimes, all God needs to do to reach people’s hearts is to release them to the natural course of events & consequences caused by their rebellious heart & lifestyle. (81:12) Reminds me of Romans 1.
- Having said all that, it is AWESOME that our God:
- Loves to bring people back from hard times (85:1)
- Wants to put "the smack-down" our enemies…whatever’s keeping us down (81:13-16)
- Doesn’t want to withhold good from anyone!! (84:11)
L8R. (Time for "Thursday Study Day.")