I’m continuing to touch base on the readings each of the 5 weeks of our Perspectives Exposure series.
There were 6 articles in Chapter 3 – "Strategic Exposure: God’s Story for This Generation."
Here’s my one big thing from each of the articles.
1. "The Task at Hand: World Evangelization"
- Favorite quote — "…less than 10% of all missionaries are attempting to reach these 2 billion people [33% of the earth]…"
2. "The New Macedonia: A Revolutionary New Era in Mission Begins"
- Favorite quote — "a malady so widespread…’people blindness’ — that is blindness to the existence of separate peoples within countries…"
3. "Essentials of a Church"
- Favorite quote — "Nearly all church divisions and quarrels originate when a power-hungry person seeking followers puts mere apostolic practice or human customs…as law."
4. "The Growth Which Is of God"
- Favorite quote — "If a church is not encouraged to evangelize its own neighborhood early in its growth to maturity, it may always remain concerned with structural and spiritual growth…"
5. "Church Planting Movements"
- Favorite quote — "a Church Planting Movement (CPM) is a rapid and exponential increase of indigenous churches planting churches within a given people group…"
6. "Prayer as a Strategic Weapon in Frontier Missions"
- Favorite quote — "Prayer was never meant to be incidental to the work of God. It is the work."
Post your thoughts/ideas/questions from the readings here. And keep listening for God’s "still, small voice!"