Just prayed for God to open my eyes. Here goes.
Here’s what jumped out at me from Genesis 47-50:
- Joseph so clearly foreshadows (i.e. is a "type" of) Jesus Christ. Pictures like these bring the Old Testament to life for me:
- 47:1 — Christ intercedes for us before the throne
- 47:2 — Christ brings us before the throne
- 47:11 — Christ puts us where He desires (& it’s always the best place for us)
- 47:12 — Christ feeds us physically & spiritually
- 50:1 — Christ cares for us deeply
- 50:15-21 — Christ offers complete forgiveness to us (knowing God uses people’s evil intentions for good)
- This section reminded me of 2 other things:
- 48:21-49:1 — This Sunday’s topic: "With 24 to go, what would you say to people?"
- 49:33-50:1 — Losing my grandmother in December
Here’s what jumped out at me from Exodus 1-5:
- 1:12 — Ironically, God uses suffering to multiply His people
- 2:1-9 — When you are faithful to God despite the pressure, He can do miracles in your life
- 2:12 — Trying to do the right thing in your own power/timeframe can sidetrack God’s plan for (40) years
- 4:13-14 — God doesn’t get mad about our insecurities or questions. He gets mad when we tell Him, "No, not me. Go get someone else, God."
4:23, 5:3 — Notice how Moses changed the message God gave him
- 5:6:19 — Classic corporate downsizing. Dilbert would be proud. 🙂