Every time I feel the pressure of tasks & deadlines start to mount, I am SO tempted to delay or
blow off "reschedule" my time with God. But there is NOTHING more important than our relationship with Him.
So, I prayed for God to open my eyes (i.e. the Holy Spirit’s really the One behind anyone being taught the Bible – John 14:26). Then I dove in. Here’s what jumped out at me today…
- Num 7:1 — Moses led a diverse team to FINISH what God told them to do. Yet another reason I think Numbers is one of the greatest books on "leadership" period.
- Num 7:89 — The tabernacle was called "the tabernacle of meeting" (where people met with You, Lord). God, thank you for laying this series on our hearts after Easter: "Indiana Jones & the Tabernacle of You."
- Num 8:13-16 — EVERY Christian, as a priest, has been "wholly offered" to God…whatever you want, Lord
- Num 9:17-23 — That’s our walk, Lord. Staying however long You want. Leaving any time You want. Going wherever You want.
- Num 10:2 — Text-messaging…Old Testament-style. 🙂
- Num 11:1 — Isn’t that true, Lord? It’s those who are the FARTHEST away from what You are doing that are the MOST dissatisfied with life!
- Num 11:11 — At some point, every leader realizes they are in WAY over their heads unless God is in charge.
- Num 11:28 — Young leaders. Enough said.
- Num 12:2 — Jealous leaders. Enough said.
- Num 13:31 — Fearful leaders. Enough said.