Mother's Day is this weekend. Here are some of the links I used to prepare my message for this weekend.
The History of Mother's Day
- Mother's Day (History Channel)
- Mother's Day Turns 100: Its Surpisingly Dark History (National Geographic)
- The Founder of Mother's Day Hated what the Holiday Became (The Huffington Post)
A Women's Advice to Women
- "How to Not be Disappointed on Mother's Day" by Lisa-Jo Baker
A Woman's Advice to Churches
- "Another open letter to pastors for Mother's Day (Beyond the surface of mothering)" by Amy Young
- "Dear Pastors, It's me again (what a few days, eh?!)" by Amy Young
Here is a video from History.com highlighting the history of Mother's Day.