We are in a series at Grace on leadership these days through the book of Numbers. Numbers is where we're reading in our OWNit365.com Whole Bible reading plan. And Numbers is my FAVORITE book on leadership. It records the bulk of Israel's 40 years of wandering in the wildnerness — a very high leadership challenge for Moses.
Also, I wanted to share the first 9 books I recommend people read as they begin to develop their leadership skills. Here's the list.
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- Words to Winners of Souls by Horatius Bonar
- Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders
- Courageious Leadership by Bill Hybels
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
- The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork by John Maxwell
- Crucial Conversations by Patterson, Grenny, McMillan, & Switzler
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
These books are just the "on-ramp" to a lifetime of learning for leaders. Great leaders celebrate the wins, but are never satisified with where they personally are, or their organizations is. Great leaders are insatiable learners. Great leaders are readers. Great leaders are like Jesus.
Start working this reading list & develop your leadership gifts!