A few thoughts on game:
- Coach Dad (me) blew the game in the first half. I lost track of who was scoring on their team. One kid had 16 of their 18 first half points!
- That's an easy fix for future games — I'll glance at the scoresheet every 5 minutes or so.
- At halftime, I showed some kids the scoresheet & challenged them to "D-that-guy-UP!!!"
- That same kid scored 0 points in the 2nd half. Our kids SHUT him DOWN!
A few thoughts on the season:
- The most rewarding thing for a coach is to see their team improve. We made MAJOR strides this year…every individual improved…as well as us as a team.
- I could not have done it this year without Coach Dave. We have a great chemistry as coaches.
- We ended the season in 2nd place in our league. The kids did a great job.
- The season isn't over…now it's time for the post-season tournament.