I've been trying to unbury myself since family vacation to give me enough space to catch everyone up and rejoin the blogosphere. I think I'm there.
The vaca-update will have to wait for the weekend. But I wanted to give everyone a heads up about some big dates on the horizon.
- Fri Aug 13 — Our middle & high schoolers are having "Re-Entry"…an overnite lock-in as a blow-out to close out the summer. I'll be speaking to the students from John 2 (one of my favorite stories), and recording artist / worship leader Joe Henchsel is flying in from San Diego for the event
- Sat Aug 14 — I have 2 funerals to attend. My aunt Tina finally succumbed to cancer after many years of battling it. She passed away after we returned. I was with her & my mom as she passed. The other is a former member of grace, Mike Scott, who passed away in a tragic truck accident in Nebraska. Be praying for the whole family, including those still a part of Grace & hurting.
Sun Aug 15 — Joe Henschel will be leading worship with us. Pastor Ben will be working the audio. And I'll back in the saddle again. I CANNOT wait. You do NOT want to miss THIS Sunday. We're kicking off "The Bottom Line" series with the bottom line "On God." Check out Deuteronomy 6 for a preview. (Did I say you don't want to miss it?)
- Sun Aug 15 — Grace Movie Night!!! We'll be watching the movie "Up" together at 6 p.m. in the nice cool air conditioning. 🙂
- Mon Aug 16 — Pastor Ben & I will be LIVE on the AllAboutWorship broadcast at 9 p.m. CDT talking about the "Senior Pastor / Worship Pastor Relationship." (If you didn't know it, sometimes thoese relationships stink & hold back the entire body of Christ). We'll be joined by 2 other nationally known worship leaders, Troy Kennedy & Fred McKinnon. CLICK HERE Monday night at 9 p.m CDT & join us on TalkShoe!
- Tue Aug 17 — Steve Baker who is leading a team to Spain to do Short Cycle Church Planting (& shared his story at Grace back on July 11th) will be in our office the entire day, sitting in our our weekend service team meeting, staff meeting, pastors meeting, and semi-quarterly planning meeting. A great day to hang with a great leader.
- Wed Aug 18 — School starts. Are you kidding? Where did the summer go?