- This afternoon, Cathy, Jake & I drove over near Richards-Gebaur to pick up 2 huge inflatable gyms for our Trunk-or-Treat on Sunday night. (Karina was at the movies with a little girlfriend.)
- My wife just came by our kitchen table while I was typing & gave me a huge hug from behind & a kiss on the cheek. She is awesome! I have the BEST wife.
- The wife & kids & I tonight just hung out. (My wife's love language is Quality Time so her tank got filled up!) We all crammed together on our couch with 1 blanket over all of us watching National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Great time. The movie was entertaining. Lots of impossible stuff in the movie.
- I can't wait to start basketball practice, too. I don't know when my daughter's team starts, but my son's team starts Monday night. They'd better be ready to run! 🙂
- Jake & I sat down for an hour today & watched a basketball coaching video on the Triple-Post basketball offense. (A special shout out to my friend, Jeff, who loaned me the video.) I'd pause the video & we'd talk through what he just said. Awesome time! And who knows? It might make it's appearance on my teams this year.
- I'm PUMPED about Sunday's topic, "Who is God?" God turned me upside-down & inside-out studying out & reevaluating how I view Him this week. You don't want to miss Sunday (or miss bringing someone).
- I'm also reading The Shack right now. Should finish it tomorrow. (Yes, I'll blog about it.) I want to read it because of the MAJOR trashing it's taking in Christian circles right now. I heard the author at Catalyst-Atlanta this year.
- The weather's supposed to be nice this weekend. I guess it's time to hit the road on a run again. 🙂
I CANNOT WAIT for my talk on Sunday November 2. God is GEARING US UP for this fall and for the next MAJOR stage in our church history!!!