I taught this topic in my small group a couple Fridays ago and, based on our conversation, I updated my previous post on how to discern God's plan for your life.
Here’s how I try to help others & myself find God's plan for our lives. Think of it as a "10-Point Biblical Checklist."
- Check it with the Bible – Is it clearly right or wrong? (Psalm 119:133, James 2:10)
- Check it with prayer – Have you prayed and waited for an answer? (James 1:5, Luke 18:1-8)
- Check it with the Holy Spirit – Is God's Spirit telling you “No”? (Acts 16:6, Romans 8:14)
- Check it with praise music – Have you meditated to Biblically-sound music? (Colossians 3:16)
- Check it with circumstances – Do you have a legitimate opportunity? (Acts 16:7, Colossians 4:3)
- Check it with who God made you – Are you an "eye" trying to be an "ear"? (1 Corinthians 12:17-18)
- Check it with Bible direction – Has God spoken to you in the word? (Jeremiah 32:6-8)
- Check it with your spiritual leaders – What have they said? (Hebrews 13:17)
- Check it with other spiritual counselors – What have they said? (Proverbs 11:14)
- Check it with yourself – What do you want to do? (1 Corinthians 16:12, Psalm 37:4)
Hope it helps everyone.