The last couple weeks, we’ve been studying the last 24 hours of Jesus’ life which occurred during the Jewish Passover feast, 1 of the 3 major feasts on the Jewish annual calendar each year (Exo 23:14-17, 34:23-24, Deut 16:16).
Here are all 3 feasts & how they foreshadow Christ (I love this study):
1. Passover & Feast of Unleavened Bread
- In March/April
- Celebrated Israel’s deliverance from slavery in Egypt
- Foreshadowed Jesus being sacrificed at the Jewish Passover for the sins of the world (1Cor 5:7)
2. Pentecost & Feast of Firstfruits
- In May/June
- Celebrated the completion of the barley harvest early in the year, the "firstfruits" of the harvests
- Foreshadowed Jesus harvesting the "firstfruits" of the church when He sent His Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2)
3. Feast of Tabernacles & Ingathering
- In September/October
- Celebrated how Israel lived in tents when they were delivered from Egypt. And celebrated God finishing the harvests for Israel that year.
- Foreshadowed Jesus finishing his harvest someday when he gathers together the church (Rom 11:25, 1Thes 4:13-18)