- Ronald McDonald House — Our family joined 3 other families to prepare a meal for 40 people in 1 houses next to Children's Mercy Hospital. Tough stories. One family was preparing for their daughter to have open heart surgery the next morning. It was a privilege to serve those families.
- The Blind Side — What a movie. What an example. And a true story! We decided to get our tickets 90 minutes early, and every seat was reserved outside of the first 2 rows. My right eye kept springing a leak throughout. After the movie, Karina (who feared it was just going to be about football) said, "That was one of my favorite movies!"
- Family Sledding — We had the chance to get out together & break some new trails in the pristine snow. I learned a few things: (1) I need to buy a longer sled…all our sleds are too small for 6'1". (2) My wife is the queen of the long sled run…she crushes us. (3) It is more than likely that a tackling match will break out during our family sledding events, if Dad is there.
- Christmas Candlelight Service — I put this one on here, because I actually got to sit with my family & worship together. It's very special to me.
- Christmas Day — Our kids know that on Christmas morning, they can go open their stockings. No need to wait for mom & dad. They're always up early. But this year, at 2:00 a.m, my wife I are woken by the sound of little voices & kids opening their stockings. I head downstairs. "What are you doing???" I sent them back to bed for a little more nap-time. 🙂