Day 1 of the Catalyst Conference is down. Today was about a series of "Pre-Labs." Each of the guys were able to
customize their session experience for their own leadership challenges.
For the most part, I REALLY enjoyed today. I can already see this is a good investment of my time. There were way more things said that sent my mind spinning than I can write about. Here's "1 big take-away" I got from the sessions I chose to attend:
- Reggie Joiner — Is what you are doing effective? That is, are you making the system changes you need to make (that God is asking you to make)?
- Cathleen Falsani — I need the recipe to watermelon gazpacho.
- Perry Noble — Leadership is as easy as listening to God. How much uninterrupted time do I spend listening to God?
- Reggie McNeal — Great leaders in the spiritual realm bless those around them. That is, they love & serve people around them so they know they're blessed!
- Dino Rizzo — The kingdom of God can only move forward through hearts that are truly "servant's hearts," fully surrendered to Him.
Here are other thoughts on my mind tonight:
- Rain Rain Everywhere — All day, rain & rain & rain & rain in Atlanta…
- The Current Financial Crisis — The more I hear about what happened to cause the financial crisis, the MADDER I'm getting. (i.e. The patent foolishness of everyone from power-drunk CEOs, to greedy mortgage lenders, to shortsighted mortgage borrowers). Stories like THIS AIG JUNK don't help.
- Rest of Night? — What's on tap next? (1) Study Ruth 4. (2) Run 30-minutes. (3) Crash hard. (4) Rise at 5:30a Eastern. (5) Spend time with God in the Bible. (6) Head at over to the arena with 12,000 other people. 🙂