- Hebrews 11 — My Tuesday men's small group are taking turns teaching thru the key figures in this "hall of faith." (We had a great "come-to-Jesus-talk" today…after posting a "no-Christian-posers-allowed" sign.)
- Matthew — My Friday mixed small group is doing a 1-week "experiment" reading through Matthew together (3 chapters/day) and discussing what God is showing us in a blog one of our members created free online. I pressed pause on my current plan to join in the experiment.
- The Saving Life of Christ — My Friday mixed small group is discussing this book chapter-by-chapter. An excellent book showing how stories from Old Testament teach us about our walk with God today.
- It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It — By Craig Groeschel of LifeChurch.tv. Heard him speak one time. Wow. Recommended by Ben & Tom. Leading our FT & PT staff through this chapter-by-chapter. (We started discussing 2 books/year together: 1 in the spring & 1 in the fall.) Searching my heart these days. Who has "It" at Grace? How many? Do I?
- Crucial Conversations — Discussing this book chapter-by-chapter with my admin asst. Also leading another couple through it too. Excellent resource. Every great communication principle comes straight from the Bible (though I don't think the authors realize it).
- Good to Great — By Jim Collins (from Stanford U!). Reading this one personally. Heard him speak one time live. Interesting. Engaging. Thought-provoking. Likes to stick to what the facts are showing him (man that's "irritating!") 🙂
I really believe life is nothing more than
- Making sure YOU ARE fiercely and passionately growing in your walk with God, and
- Making sure you're HELPING SOMEONE ELSE do it too
A.K.A. "Love God" & "Love others".