This weekend, I coached my son's 4th grade basketball game and my daughter's 2nd grade basketball game. I also played on a Grace basketball team. Here are some things that I think I think:
- I love basketball.
- In my game, I found I can get up & down the floor with anyone (even
at the ripe old age of 40). But my shooting absolutely stinks. (My love of basketball is not helping.)
- I've GOT to find some time to practice my shooting at some point. Or I need to change my name to "The Bricklayer." 🙂
- I've found that, in elementary school, the more aggressive team almost always wins.
- I think my daughter's 2nd grade team might be more aggressive than my son's 4th grade team.
- That last point makes me want to scream.
- Here was my pre-game speech to my daughter's 2nd grade team today:
- "Girls? You can be all nice & sweet out THERE!" I said pointing outside the building. "But in HERE, you are to be mean & nasty & aggressive!" 🙂
- My boys team played well. They are the nicest kids. That's too bad on the court.
- My girls team absolutely dominated.