- Freedom Fire Backpacks — We were able to collect 229 backpack for students in urban core. Way to go!!
- Colonial Presbyterian — Earlier this week, I called my friend Jim West, Senior Pastor at Colonial Pres, to get an update on the situation I blogged about back in June. Colonial has a long history of great influence around the KC area. Sunday was an absolutely HUGE day in the life of their church. They voted both congregationally & corporately to leave the PCUSA & join the EPC. It is a new day at Colonial & we couldn't be happier for our friends.
- Christ Community — I had lunch today over at Nick & Jake's with Tom Nelson, Senior Pastor of Christ Community Church. CCC is a real leader in the area of spiritual development in our area. I got to hear more of his story & heart, and receive some primo-mentoring from one of the great spiritual leaders in our area. He was so gracious with his time & gave me a copy of his book, Ekklesia. I always called CCC our friends, and now I'm happy to call Tom a personal friend.
3 quick hits about the weekend:
- Baptisms with Ben — If you'd like to be baptized this weekend by Pastor Ben (and who wouldn't???), you can. Ben is laying down his guitar & doing baptisms. I may get baptized AGAIN just because HE'S doing it. 🙂 Just contact the church office if you're interested. And remember, if you have someone who's been a spiritual influence in your life & you'd like them to be a part of it, we do "team baptisms"!
- Signers for Sunday — Do you know anyone who'd be interested in possibly "signing" (sign language) our weekend services? If so, contact Marie King at the church office.
- Breakfast with Men — It's time for our quarterly men's CommUNITY event. This Saturday. 7:30-9:00 a.m. Fully-catered breakfast. Jimmy Dodd speaking on "How to Follow God in the Dark Times". Bring your disciple, discipler, friend, boss, son, dad, neighbor, etc. Check it out!